Quinoa Salad By Raw Chef Yin
- 180gm BWY white quinoa
- 500ml water
- 120gm dried cranberries
- 1 large bunch of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate (optional)
- 15ml FryMax coconut oil
- Juice of half lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 15gm maple syrup
- 160gm BWY whole almonds (roughly chopped)
- 30ml water
- 28gm brown sugar
- 4gm paprika
- 2gm salt
Yield: 2 main course servings or 4 side servings
- To cook quinoa, soak quinoa for 15 minutes, rinse and drain. Add quinoa and water in a pot, bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. The water should be evaporated and the quinoa is slightly translucent. Stand for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and allow to cool till body temperature.
- Once quinoa is cooled down, add cranberries, coriander and pomegranate. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- For dressing, whisk all ingredients till combined.
- For topping, toast almonds on a heated pan. Add in water, brown sugar, paprika and salt. Fry until water evaporates. Allow to cool before using.
- To assemble salad, drizzle dressing over quinoa salad. Top with almonds and serve.
- You may store it in fridge for up to 5 days.