Watermelon Butter Cookies
- 250gm Butterich
- 400gm BWY Biscuit Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- Few drop Red & Green Food Colouring
- 1 pack sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and egg yolk then stir in vanilla essence. Add in biscuit mix and mix until mixture form a soft dough.
- Tint 2/3 dough with red food colouring, and roll the red dough to a 6cm diameter cylinder and wrap it with cling film and keep in chiller.
- Divide the remaining dough into 2, wrap half of the plain dough with cling film then keep it into chiller. Tint the remaining dough with green food colouring, wrap it and keep in chiller as well.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll the plain dough into 0.5cm thick rectangle. Place the red dough on a short end of the plain dough, roll up.
- Roll green dough into 0.8cm thick rectangle, place the plain roll on a short end of the green dough, roll up. Wrap the green roll with cling film and keep it in chiller for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut the dough into 2cm thick, then cut half. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly press sesame seeds on top of the red dough to resemble watermelon seeds.
- Bake at the preheated oven at 150°c for 20-25 minutes. transferring to the wire rack to cool completely.