- 250gm 3 Kambing Glutinous Rice Flour
- 240ml water
- few drop of Red Food Colouring
- 200gm Yu Ai Red Bean Paste
- Place glutinous rice flour in a large bowl. Pour water over flour and mix with a spatula until a soft dough forms. If it is too sticky, add just a little more flour.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minute until dough is smooth.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of red food colouring to the dough. Knead dough until colour is even.
- Divide red bean paste into 48 equal portions. Roll into small balls about 1/2 inches in diameter. Set aside.
- Divide the white dough into a 48 equal portions. Flatten one portion in the palm of your hand. Place a ball of red bean paste in the middle. Wrap dough around red bean paste.
- Place on a plastic plate or a plate lined with plastic wrap to prevent sticking.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil. Drop the glutinous rice balls into the water. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. They should float when done. Serve warm or at room temperature.